February 11, 2022
Bedford County Mayoral Candidate
Bedford County Mayor Chad Graham Announces Re-Election Campaign
Shelbyville, TN When Chad Graham decided to run for the office of Bedford County Mayor in 2018, he had three issues that framed and guided his “Better Bedford” campaign—Better Education, Better Public Safety and Better Infrastructure. He has made great progress in all three areas.
Today, Chad Graham officially announces his re-election campaign for Bedford County’s Mayor because he wants to continue the progress he and his administration started just a few years ago.
“As it is with all successful communities, there are many groups, organizations and individuals responsible for making great things happen. I’ve been so fortunate to be surrounded with caring professionals and concerned citizens that are working extremely hard to make our county a better place to live, raise families, advance careers and fulfill our potential at every level”, said Mayor Chad Graham.
Mayor Graham has been dedicated to our county his entire life. He was raised here, graduated high school here, served in the Army before coming home to start his family and transition to Bedford County Emergency Medical Services. Graham started his career in 1989 as an EMT then graduating from the University of Alabama’s Huntsville Paramedic program where he advanced to EMS Director. He and his wife, Denise raised their family here and are members of Edgemont Baptist Church, he served on the Bedford County School Board, worked in private health care and now, he is serving as our County Mayor. His life of service to Bedford County is profound and a great example of true servant leadership. He wants to continue his service and is seeking re-election.
Below is a partial list of County accomplishments under Mayor Graham’s first four years:
- New state of the art TCAT facility
- New Elementary School “reducing portable classrooms”
- Expansion wing at Community High School
- Additional staffing to meet growing demand on E911 and EMS systems
- Investing in Public Safety Equipment: Emergency Vehicles, Body Cams, Information Technology, E911 Radio system
- New Emergency Management Operation Center
- Next Generation Economic Development Model “Shelbyville-Bedford Partnership”
- City-County partnership to expand Industrial Park acreage and establish direct access to highway 231 N
- TDOT Grant to construct road system in the Industrial Park
- Community Grants for water and sewer upgrades in both the Industrial Park and Rural areas
- Rural Broadband Expansion through United Communications Partnership
- Convenience Center Equipment Upgrades
- New Archives facility
- Saved $11 million taxpayer dollars through strategic bond refinancing
- Completed the new Justice Center and Courthouse Annex construction projects
- Secured 14 million in grants for projects such as Courthouse Renovation, AG center improvements, Historic Jail renovation and infrastructure Expansion.
- Partnered with Meharry Medical College to bring dental services to the underinsured
Bedford County is growing quickly which means we need to plan for the future. Mayor Graham is fully engaged with county-wide leadership to recruit living wage jobs, improving our schools, maintaining safe neighborhoods and investing in better water, natural gas, sewer and broadband services. All of these initiatives will attract a strong middle class, increase our tax base and improve our overall quality of life and place.
Mayor Chad Graham also stated, “For many years, our county lagged behind surrounding counties in benefiting from regional economic growth. While we certainly want an improved economic environment, we also don’t want to sacrifice our quality of life to unbridled growth, traffic congestion and crime. I believe we have the right approach and now is the time to continue building on our recent successes for the sake of future generations and make Bedford County even better.”
For more information about Mayor Graham’s re-election campaign, his agenda and community highlights, please contact us.