A partial list of County accomplishments under Mayor Graham’s first four years:
- New state of the art TCAT facility
- New Elementary School “reducing portable classrooms”
- Expansion wing at Community High School
- Additional staffing to meet growing demand on E911 and EMS systems
- Investing in Public Safety Equipment: Emergency Vehicles, Body Cams, Information Technology, E911 Radio system
- New Emergency Management Operation Center
- Next Generation Economic Development Model “Shelbyville-Bedford Partnership”
- City-County partnership to expand Industrial Park acreage and establish direct access to highway 231 N
- TDOT Grant to construct road system in the Industrial Park
- Community Grants for water and sewer upgrades in both the Industrial Park and Rural areas
- Rural Broadband Expansion through United Communications Partnership
- Convenience Center Equipment Upgrades
- New Archives facility
- Saved $11 million taxpayer dollars through strategic bond refinancing
- Completed the new Justice Center and Courthouse Annex construction projects
- Secured 14 million in grants for projects such as Courthouse Renovation, AG center improvements, Historic Jail renovation and infrastructure Expansion.
- Partnered with Meharry Medical College to bring dental services to the underinsured
Bedford County is growing quickly which means we need to plan for the future. Mayor Graham is fully engaged with county-wide leadership to recruit living wage jobs, improving our schools, maintaining safe neighborhoods and investing in better water, natural gas, sewer and broadband services. All of these initiatives will attract a strong middle class, increase our tax base and improve our overall quality of life and place.
Please vote Chad Graham for Bedford County Mayor!